Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's about the marriage...

Okay, fine, so I guess it's time for another post. Honestly the lack of posting has more to do with the lack of new developments as opposed to me just being lazy. Maybe. 


Wedding developments:
Deposits have been paid for the photographer and videographer. We completed our registries this past weekend at Williams-Sonoma and Target. That was an adventure! I had a ton of fun but my feet were so sore! Thankfully I have a wonderful fiance who's willing to rub my feet. *Swoon*. Ahem. Anyway, check them out if you have some time! We are now in the process of narrowing down the honeymoon options. It's looking like we're going to Antigua. We found a pretty good deal at the Sandals there. Their resort was voted "most romantic place to spend your honeymoon". That sounds okay to me. Plus, a week in paradise? I think so.
Expenses are still keeping me a bit on edge. It's amazing to me how much the little things can really pile up. Sometimes I even forget about the every day expenses like rent, bills and groceries. I just keep telling myself that it will all be worth it in the end. Now matter how much we spend, my prize will be standing at the end of the aisle. :-)

We also have our engagement photo session this weekend. I'm kind of excited about this. Also, I have no idea what we're wearing, so that should be an adventure!


School developments:
I am still waiting for approval on the proposal for my thesis. Last week I also got shouldered with some more paper work to fill out, but that's done. As soon as I get approval from the Institutional Review Board (for those that don't know, they approve any research involving human subjects to make sure it's safe and that no one gets injured) I should be good to go. I received the data last week and have begun the basic analysis on it. At least I'm moving forward instead of being stagnant! Classes are going alright, and as always I enjoy being a TA. Most of my school efforts are focused on the thesis, though. My application for the PhD program has been submitted and now I'm just waiting. More waiting. I wish I wasn't so impatient!


Life developments:
Our cruise is coming up at the beginning of March. I am so excited for this! Jason has never been on a cruise. I have been on several with my family and I'm looking forward to introducing Jason to the magical world of cruising. We've also started discussing where we plan to live after getting married. It's looking like we're staying in Austin (hooray!), but we're thinking about moving to a house. It would be nice to have a yard for the puppies and more space for us. The only down side (aside from the money issue naturally) is that our lease is up about 2 weeks before the wedding. Yes, let's please add a move on top of all of the craziness that will be that time of our lives!
I was reminded of something this past weekend that I'd like to share. On Fridays, Jason gets home from work a little earlier than other nights. This is nice because he can walk the dogs with me (I usually take them in the afternoon when I get home since it's usually dark by the time he does). I realized on this walk that even though we live together, it's still important for us to put our relationship first and continuously work to improve it. Because of that I suggested a date night for us. Before the wedding madness we had a date night every two weeks. Since before Christmas we've fallen out of the habit because we've been so busy. I hope to restart our old tradition. I think it's important to remember the reason for all of this wedding craziness. As my step-dad so perfectly put it "At the end of the day it's about the marriage, not the wedding". 


I think that's a good note to end on :-)
Until next time,
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment