Monday, February 6, 2012

Comfort in consistency...

I am very determined to maintain this blog. I'm trying to view it as an assignment for school. Seems I get things better accomplished when they have a grade attached to them ;-)


Wedding updates:
We officially booked our honeymoon and we will be going to Antigua. The resort looks absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to spend a week there! Plus all that yummy food! Our engagement picture session was postponed due to weather. It's kind of unfortunate how we can go nearly 100 days during the summer without rain, and then Austin decides to rain on the day of our photo shoot. I can't complain too much though, because we really do need the rain. The picture session will now be tomorrow. With any luck I can get the "save the dates" sent out ASAP! I spend half my life now on Pinterest looking for creative wedding ideas that won't break the bank. Aside from that, not too much more going on in wedding-land. Stay tuned!



School updates: 
STILL waiting on approval for my thesis proposal. I started looking at some of the data to get a head start. My initial feedback was not too promising. It showed a complete opposite result from what I wanted. Hopefully I can write a good enough explanation that it won't matter that my results are kooky. It's my goal to have everything analyzed and written up by spring break. This will give my committee plenty of time to review everything so I can turn it in by D-Day. I applied for a few more jobs just in case I don't get into the PhD program. It amazes me how many job openings they have at the State Health Department. However, despite having a master's (nearly) I'm not eligible for too many of them. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for the PhD.  Between being a TA and working on my thesis, school keeps me busy. Luckily, since I also work at the school, I'm able get things done while at work. That leaves my nights free to catch up on DVR and spending time with Jason and the puppies. 


Life updates:
This weekend was full of excitement. Ana came down from Wisconsin! I hadn't seen her since October so it was lovely to have her for a visit. We had a bachelorette party for Michelle, another engaged friend. It was so nice to have a night with just the ladies! I'd almost forgotten how much I enjoy those nights. Since a good portion of my friends no longer live here, it's nice to be reminded how important friendship is to me. Yesterday Ana and I had a nice lunch at Plucker's and Jason and I ended the night watching the Superbowl followed by some Criminal Minds. Lately I've been trying lots of new recipes that I've found on Pinterest. I am definitely trying to keep our palates interested! Other than the exciting weekend, not much more going on in the life department. We are creatures of habit, so much of our day to day activities are the same. 


Well, this is a shorter post, but there isn't much to report. 
Until next time,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment