Friday, August 10, 2012

The Wedding Weekend

Okay, so this will probably one of my last posts. I will also write one about the wedding itself and the honeymoon, but didn't want to overload you all at once

Friday, July 27, 2012
By this point, most of our family and friends were already in town, or planning to get in that day. I woke up to a fairly full house. Ana was here and Megan and Greg had come in the night before. Jason got up at his normal time and gone to work as usual. I got up with Jason and took the dogs to the boarders at about 8:30 am. After that, I stopped by my in-laws' house to drop off the dogs' kennels and also to say hello to all of the family that had arrived. Then I went to Men's Warehouse to pick up tuxes. I actually ended up going back to Jason's parents place to drop off one of the tuxes. Eventually, I went back home to find the rest of the lazy bums (ha!) had gotten up as well. We had some breakfast and everyone took their showers. I went to Men's Warehouse (again!) to get another tux that wasn't yet ready the first time I went. By one, Jason was home from work (he worked a half day) and my parents and sister had arrived from Houston. My parents stayed for a bit before leaving to go meet up with my aunt and grandparents at the Marriott. Ana, Megan, Haley and I loaded up in my car and drove to Inner Diva Studios in North Austin while Jason walked over to his parents house to meet up with his family. 
The pole dancing class was a totally new experience for all of us. It's so weird "participating" in this class while watching yourself in the mirror. Needless to say, we had fun despite the awkwardness! We were all sore afterward. We drove back to the house and got dressed and did our makeup for dinner. Megan drove. We stopped by the in-laws house to pick up Jason's cousin's wife, Kalyn and made our way to Buca. Haley decked me out in a crown/vail combo and a "bachlorette" sash. We were eventually met by more of my lady friends: Sandra, Michelle, Diana and Danielle (bridesmaid #4). We had a wonderful dinner chatting and catching up and then loaded back into several different cars headed for the house. Everyone arrived at different times, and we were later joined by Samantha (Jason's brother's gf). We had drinks, music and fun. ;-) Everyone left around 1:30 am and I went to bed. I'm not sure exactly when, but Jason was home within the hour from his bachelor party. 

Saturday, July 28, 2012
I managed to sleep in until about 9 am. Jason and I got up around the same time and managed to have some time to chat before the rest of our house woke up (which now included Dani and her fiance/our officiant, Aaron). Everyone took showers and had breakfast. Dani, Megan, Ana and I got in my car and headed for my bridal shower at about 12:30. Jason had again gone over to his parent's house to see his family. At my shower, I got to catch up with lots of family and friends that I hadn't seen in a while and meet some (from Jason's side) that I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting before. We had sandwiches, fruit, punch and cupcakes. There were two games. I was overwhelmed by the amount of presents I received! It's still amazing to me how many incredible women I am surrounded by in my life! People started filing out around 3 pm. I hung around and (tried) to help clean up but mostly I was just chatting with people some more. My lovely bridesmaids loaded up all of my gifts in my car and we drove back to my house. We had about an hour or so to get ready before the rehearsal.  I was already dressed and had my hair done, so I mostly just touched up my make up. 
Jason and I drove to the rehearsal in my car with our wedding party gifts and a few of the tuxes that we still needed to distribute to groomsmen. We arrived at the Marriott at about 10 till 6 and met up with our family and friends. My brother arrived just in time. 
We completed 2 run throughs of our ceremony and found out where our "getting ready" rooms were. I was starting to get excited jitters at this point. Jason and I loaded in my car with my brother and drove to Salt Lick where we met up with the bridal party and immediate family. We had an entire room reserved at 7, however there were still several people lingering at the tables. Finally, by 7:45, everyone had a seat and we started eating (thankfully!). There were probably 60 people there and I loved being surrounded by so many people that were so important to us. We ate and distributed our party gifts. Jason's dad gave a nice little speech and then I stood up and said a few words. This was cry #1 for me. 
By 9 pm, everyone had eaten their fill and were headed to the parking lot. Jason and I said our "good byes", as we wouldn't see each other again until I walked down the aisle the next morning. I had several family members that wanted to see our house, so I drove lading a caravan to our house. Jason went to his folks' for the night. My parents, grandparents, step siblings, aunt, uncle and cousins, dad and his clan and my sister drove to our house to see the house. It was full and bustling! By 11:30pm, everyone had left and I took a shower. I set my brother up on the air mattress in the living room and tried to get to sleep. No such luck. By 1:30am, I was frantic because I knew I needed to sleep. I took a Tylenol PM because I was still sore from pole dancing and knew it would help me sleep. The last time I glanced at the clock it was 2:30 am, so I fell asleep sometime after that. I was set to wake up at 6:30 am for the wedding.

Coming up next: the wedding day!
Until next time!

-Whitney Michael! 

No comments:

Post a Comment