Thursday, April 5, 2012

I have run out of clever titles.

Bonjour to my loyal readers,
Hopefully I have not kept you waiting too long since my last posting. There is still not much going on to report, but I'll do my very best.


School updates:
Not only is my thesis done, it's also submitted. All I have to do now is present/defend my findings next Friday. Pretty exciting, and I can definitely now breathe a huge sigh of relief! It's weird to think that in less than a month I'll no longer be able to provide school updates. While I was somewhat hopeful about finding a job here at school after my graduation, it doesn't look like that's going to be possible now. Most public health work is based on grant money, and if there's no money coming in, none can go out either. Bummer.


Wedding updates:
We've got a big weekend coming up in wedding land. Tomorrow is (finally) my first dress fitting. It will also be the first time I've put the dress on in almost two months. Guess it's time to find out if my weight loss plan is working. Saturday is our cake testing! Jason is pretty stoked about this. He doesn't care at all what the cake looks like, but rather what it tastes like. Fear not, I'll be there to make sure it's pretty too. We've ordered our guest favors (which I'll keep a secret for now ;-) ), and mostly just have a few little things left to get. Jason got fitted for his tux last weekend, so that's out of the way too. My wedding boots came in on Monday (thanks to Mrs. Fry for the inspiration!) and they are adorable. I feel pretty proud of how far I've come with all this wedding planning. I guess it's the organizer in me.  


Life updates:
Still no luck on the job front. My advisor has agreed to keep me employed at the school through the end of May, but none of the other 75 jobs I've now applied for have panned out thus far. Is it really this hard for people to find a job after graduating with a master's? It's got me quite despondent these days. I try to keep positive by thinking about the wedding, but then I remember that I need money to pay for that. Which I won't be earning if I'm not working. I know that all of my sappiness is worrying Jason and I don't want to, but it really is upsetting me. I can't even be proud of my school work because I feel like it hasn't done anything for me.
On a more positive note, I've tried to make it a point of becoming a better cook before the wedding. I still mess up sometimes, but I've added a lot of recipes to our book thanks mostly to Pinterest. I try to keep things diverse in the kitchen so that we're not always eating the same 12 things. I shall continue this quest even post-wedding!


I suppose that's it for now. 
Adios until next time,


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment