Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pictures, completions and cruises

I am a terrible blogger! In my defense, I've been crazy busy with my thesis. Oh well, I'm back! Here's my life since last time!


Wedding Updates:
My dress fantastic! I'm totally in love with it. If only I could post pictures. We ordered the save the dates last night and should be sending them out by mid-March. Be on the lookout! We got a sneak peak of our engagement pictures! They are incredibly fantastic. Thanks so much to Amanda at Whitney Lee Photography for taking these beautiful photos. To view them, check out this link: http://www.whitneyleephotography.com/photoblog/


School updates:
The day after I wrote my last blog I FINALLY received approval on my thesis proposal. Determined to stay ahead of the curve, I spent the last two weeks finishing up everything. I am happy to say that aside from final edits that my committee recommends, I AM DONE with it! The road is paved but not yet ready to be driven on. This is such a relief off my shoulders. Poor Jason has been so worried about me lately because of all the stress. I'm glad I can finally relax a little and enjoy my spring break. Still no word on if I got into the PhD program. I've also started talking to professors around here for potential job connections. We'll see how it all plays out. For now, I'm set to graduate May 3! Eyes on the prize!


Life updates:
Happy birthday to my wonderful fiance! I'm so glad you came into this world 26 years ago, and I love you very much! We leave on our cruise on Sunday! I'm so excited to have a whole week of not having to worry about anything. We will also be completely cut off from the outside world. Still experimenting with new recipes a la Pinterest. I made one on Tuesday that turned out to be a fiasco. I felt so terrible. Jason and I had to go to Sonic. I will be attempting a chocolate cake tonight for Jason's birthday. Hope for the best! We looked at some houses online. While I'm thrilled to open this chapter in our lives, I feel like I need to survive thesis edits and wedding planning first. 


Alright, that's it for now. Until next time (whenever that may be),
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. yay you're done with your thesis!! LIFE ACCOMPLISHMENT!! and Happy Birthday to Jason as well. Good luck on the chocolate cake (and I've done a few recipes from pinterest that didnt end well. :/ so don't feel bad! that's how we learn! Love you

    *meg

    ReplyDelete